Monday, January 26, 2009

Taking the Etsy Plunge!

I'm still sewing, along with running the store, and I'm now planning to open an Etsy shop!

I'm trying to come up with a good Etsy user name, since the one I WANTED to use is already taken. I also need to add to the inventory. So far, I only have a couple of things ready to list.

Here is a custom-ordered diaper bag I made last week. I love the chocolate and pink colors together!

I had enough fabric left to make a purse organizer. I tweaked my pattern a bit, to add a space to hold an unsharpened pencil...which is used to hold a key ring! No more searching the bottom of the bag for keys! No more having to make sure the key ring is clipped to a loop or key holder! Just slip the keyring over the top of the pencil. When you need to get your keys out, when you feel the pencil, you know you've found your keys!


See how it works? You simply load your essentials into the pockets, roll it up, and place into your purse. When you're ready to change purses, just pick it up and place inside the new purse! This organizer already has a new home that I'm shipping it to.


The next organizer would be perfect for a teacher! When I get my Etsy shop open, I will be listing this...if I don't sell it locally first!



Here it is, loaded and rolled up! The accessories in the pockets will NOT be listed with the organizer, but I WILL include a new yellow #2 pencil!


If anyone can think of a really cool name for my Etsy shop, I'd appreciate hearing it!













4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Cute items that are sure to sell. For a name how about:

She sells

She sews

She Sews So She Sells

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

Those are some great names, Sally, but it hit me last night that, since I'm "Just a Plain Gal", I could call my Etsy shop "Just Plain Pretty". Not everything I plan to offer will be sewn or embroidered. I do lots of different things! So, whaddya think?

Anonymous said...

So excited you are opening a shop! Let me know who you are when you get there! :0)
P.S. I like Plain Pretty, that sounds good! :)

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

Hi, Jenn!

I've already registered as "JustPlainPretty" on Etsy, and I'm trying to get some inventory made. I have a couple of things made, and just need to write the descriptions up. It's been a little slow, though, because I've had a few local custom orders to make (YAY!), and I'm still experimenting on some things. Also, since I have a B&M store, I have to stop to deal with customers. Then, tonight, my hubby said that he wants me to monogram HIS business name onto his new shirts. Silly man! Doesn't he know that FREE stuff has to wait? LOL! I'll just have to do one or two of his shirts a day until I get them done.