...of my first cold of the season! UGH!
I guess the winter season has arrive early for me! I'm sitting here with a bad cold that started yesterday with a nose running like an open faucet and sneezing my head off. I took Loratadine yesterday and last night, so I managed to get the "faucet" turned off a little, but still feel pretty lousy. I wish I could go back to bed, but my arthritis was hurting so much this morning that I just couldn't stay in bed any longer.
So...since I don't feel like doing much of anything, I decided that I might as well share some more of my vinyl crafts with you!
This is a floating frame that I made to donate to an auction at my grandchildren's school for their Fall Festival.
This tile is sooo ME! I scraplifted this quote some time ago, thinking that I would turn it into an embroidery design for a sweatshirt, but when my hubby brought home a few tiles, I decided to use the design to decorate it!
I didn't want to hang the tile on a wall, so I used the easel back from an old picture and glued it to the back of the tile with some Liquid Nails, since I was out of E6000 glue. It's not centered because I used a tape measure that had a messed up end. so I was measuring from 1" across to 13" instead of across to 12". I was tired and not thinking straight, so when I marked the center point, I messed up and figured half of 13" instead of half of 12" and counted backwards 6-1/2" from 13"! I must have really been tired because I never noticed how off-center it was! Oh, well...it still works! LOL!
View from the side.
This is a name frame I made as a wedding gift for my hubby's great-nephew and his wife. I got the frame at Walmart for $3. I had intended to make it into a floating frame, but since the picture opening is hinged onto a permanent backing, I was afraid I'd mess it up if I took it off. So...I had some 8-1/2" x 14" cardstock that I used to make the background.
First, I sprayed the cardstock with spray-on Kilz primer so that the cardstock wouldn't soak up my metallic copper spray paint (I chose the copper to coordinate with the copper color in the frame. The next step can be skipped, but I think it gives the metallic copper a richer look. After the primer dried, I spray painted the cardstock with satin black paint. After that dried, I then sprayed on the metallic copper. After it dried, I laid the glass from the frame on top of the cardstock and cut around it with my rotary cutter.
I used my Cricut to cut out their last name in black vinyl and applied to the cardstock. I then used my Cricut to cut out their first names in a beige vinyl. I flipped the design so that it would cut backwards. I applied the backward-cut first names to the BACK of the glass, so that when the glass was in the frame, the names would be right-side out. By doing the first names this way, the front of the glass will be easier to clean.
Since I already had everything but the frame, this wedding gift cost me a total of $3! Not bad!
Open House Road Trip
10 hours ago