Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Red Roses

I did almost NOTHING today, but surf the 'net. I did take a break to bake myself a birthday cake...the Coconut Pecan Pound Cake that I posted about earlier, only today, I used a carrot cake mix. Oh...and I did clean up some crud that my #3 grandson had spilled onto my end table and coffee table in the den...and had hidden underneat a potted...well, a FAKE plant. Thankfully, I had previously used a wax polish on the tables, which protected the finish!

Then...my hubby arrived home with these!


A dozen red roses!
Then, after he mowed the lawn, we went out to eat at a new place in town.
A perfect ending to a perfect day!
Have a good night!

6 comments:

Life on an artistic shoestring said...

Happy belated birthday! Nice to meet you - you've been added to my blog reads! And thanks for adding me to yours. My grandma is 102 (in November)and is still spritely and able to do most everything. We are so blessed to be with her and thrive under her love for her family. Your mom looks lovely, by the way. Still beautiful, just like my grams.

Big Toe Mom said...

OHHH, i love the red dress pic by the way and the goofy one just speaks to me... hmmm... i wonder why?!!!

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

Shirl, Thank you! It is so nice to be blessed with moms and grandmas like ours. We are very fortunate, indeed!

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

Umm...BTMom, maybe the goofy pic speaks to you cuz...ummm...maybe we're BOTH goofy? LOL!

Patty said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! Mine was last weekend and I keep discovering more bloggers who also have September b-days. It's funny because my dad gave me some red roses too. :)

MsSippi, aka Peggy said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, too, Patty! Thank you for the birthday wishes!